What is Nest Protect?
Nest Protect is a Carbon Monoxide Detector and Smoke Alarm in one.
The Nest Protect device has been designed to detect any signs of gas or smoke, inform you of where the hazard is to guide you and your family out safely.
It will highlight the urgency through colour and calmly tell you of the problem, rather than creating noise and panic.
The Nest Protect has also been designed to work with the Nest Learning Thermostat if both are installed - Nest Protect will enhance the Nest Learning Thermostat's capabilities and learn from you with regards to your heating requirements, and if there is an emergency at home it will signal to the Nest Learning Thermostat to shut down your Boiler for further protection.
How Does Nest Protect Work?
Your Nest Protect devices will all work together to provide ultimate protection. They can be wired into your home or connected wirelessly via your Wi-Fi, which allows them to be installed without damaging your décor, and without the need for electrical rewiring. Our Electricians will be able to supply and install your Nest Protect devices for you and help you connect these to your Wi-Fi if you choose.
Once Nest Protect is installed you can download the Nest App to access further features from your Smartphone or Tablet.
Nest Protect will constantly monitor what’s going on within your home and will notify you when it has detected something out of the ordinary.
- Tells you where the danger is, and when one speaks, they all speak, so the alarm in your bedroom can tell you there is smoke downstairs
- Everyone in your family can know what’s going on, from anywhere. When something is wrong, nest protect sends everyone an alert in case no one is at home
- Tired of getting woken up at 2am by your smoke alarm. Long before it has to chirp, Nest Protect tells you its batteries are running low, with a message on your phone. And don’t worry, that won’t happen for years
- Test all of your alarms with a tap on your phone or tablet, and once the test is complete, you will receive a full report
- Everyone in the family can have their own Nest account, No more sharing a login, You can use your phones to silence and test alarms, and you all get alerts on your phones if something is wrong at home
- You are supposed to test your alarms monthly, but most people don’t, Nest protect checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day
- With its built in light, if you need a glass of milk in the middle of the night, the new Nest Protect, lights up as you walk underneath it.
What is the Nest Thermostat, and how does it Work?
The Nest thermostat is an intelligent heating controller, which automatically adapts, and learns about your home, such as how long it takes to warm up, and how draughty it is. It also learns about your heating system and how to make it even more efficient. And it considers the weather. So while you turn up the thermostat or turn it down, Nest Sense algorithms are figuring out a thousand things in the background. They’re constantly learning, automically updating, and balancing you comfort and energy savings.
With the Nest app, your thermostat lives on your wall and in your pocket. Once you connect your thermostat to Wi-Fi, you can control it from anywhere. Adjust the temperature from the app and the Nest thermostat adjusts quickly at home.
You never have to program a schedule as the Nest Thermostat learns your schedule and programs itself, you can always adjust it manually.
Nest will also give you full control of your hot water, you can adjust your hot water schedule from your mobile, and if you suddenly need more hot water, give it a boost, Nest will even turn off your hot water when you’re away on holiday.
You can set your Nest Thermostat to home or away from the app, or it will set itself to Auto-Away if you forget, Auto-Away is powered by Home/Away assist technology, which it uses advance algorithms and built-in sensors to make sure that nobody’s at home. And it can even use your phones location.
Nest recommends that your Nest Thermostat is installed by a Nest professional. By using a Nest Pro installer like Doyle Electrical Services Ltd, you can be sure that we will install the Nest Thermostat in the correct location, connect up the heat link and set up the system so it operates as it is designed to, offering you full control of your system, and saving you money on your heating bills, and leaving your property, clean and tidy, once the installation has been completed.
Commercial Electricians Suffolk - contact us now to discuss your requirements.